HP Jetdirect Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
I have to replace a printer that is connected to a Hp jetdirect print server box. What steps must i go about to change the printer. Do i just plug in the new printer and it will work or must i configure things from some where. I realize i will have to add a new printer from the computers that will be printing to the printer but is that all the configurations that need to be done

Is it the same printer as the one you are replacing? If so, you shouldnt have to do anything. If it is different, you need to set it up on the network so everyone can print from it. You need to first reserve an IP address, then install the printer. After that, you can use the JET Admin utility to configure the rest from your desk. It shouldnt take but a few minutes. Make some test prints from your pc, from the server, and any applications that may use that printer. Also, if the old printer had a harddrive installed with barcode dimms, you need to make sure they work also. Taking the old harddrive out and putting it into the new might not work. Test the barcodes out also before letting the printer loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom