how safe is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariqadkhan

In Runtime
well i would like to know how safe is remote access software like symantec pcanywhere and timbuktu? how risky is it and what can be done to reduce the risk?

Well those two are more common and not the two peices of software I recomend. These are what I recomend.

VNC - I use the TightVNC version of it as it's more secure and people cannot brute force it. TightVNC is also completly free and open source.

Logmein.com - Very origional because you don't need to open ports for this program, it constantly calls home to a logmein.com server and when you go onto the site and say that you want to control your PC, it establish's a connection to the PC you connected to the site with.

TightVNC would be probably better way to go even though its not as secure as lets say VPN, but VPN will not give you same remote abilities as VNC.

Any network or connection not properly configured can be a security risk. Just make sure your network you're connecting from and to is properly secured (e.g. firewalls installed). Also make sure your remote connection password is a good one (e.g. one that uses capitals, signs, and digits). The rest will be taken care of by the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom