How to open a port on my Hurricane 9000W modem router

Status
Not open for further replies.

hseng12

Beta member
I'm trying to increase the speeds of my Bit Torrent downloads by opening ports 6881-6889 but for some reason I can't seem to get the configurations right. :confused: I checked it on the GRC website (https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2) but it keeps on giveing me values with Stealth values for it. I'm using a wireless ADSL router "Hurricane 900W" by Prolink. Does anyone know how to open these ports?

i tried opening the ports from 6881 to 6889 on my router. in order for me to open the ports i have to enter 4 values: public port,private port and the host IP address. i tried entering 6881 for both the public ports and private ports, and entered 10.0.0.2 for the IP address. But even after i have done this for all the ports from 6881 to 6889, it still won't show as open on the www.grc.com website. instead, it just shows it as stealth. what does this mean?

to get your public IP goto www.whatismyip.com. your private port is the port you want to open. your host IP address is found by going to the computer you want to open a port and open a run box and type CMD to open the commandline interpreter. type ipconfig and this will give you the IP you need. you can also find this out on the network connection status. i have no idea what your configuration looks like so i cannot give you detailed step-by-step instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom