how many network cards do i need??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejones

Solid State Member
my desktop computer is connected to the internet by a usb cable modem and i want to share the internet connection with my laptop so i know i need a wirelss ntrk card for my laptop and i need a router to connect to the cable modem but do i need a wireless network card for my desktop computer aswel?because i dont want to share files or anything between the two computers, just the internet connection. so can the laptop wireless card connect directly to the the router which is connected to the modem?
sorry if ive repeated myself its hard to explain!

The answer is NO,,

when you purchase a wireless router,, there are usually 4 ports on the unit itself that connect with standard RJ45 ethernet,, this is how the primary PC would connect,,

the laptop would require the WIFI card ,,

The good thing,, Linksys offers a package product of wireless router AND wireless PC card in one box!

about $150 canadian,,, eh?

not a bad deal for an easily installed, and expandable product,,

cheers

cheers people, i only need the router then because i already have two network cards (one 4 pc an one 4 laptop as i thought that was what i needed and not a router but it didnt work!) so il probly sel the network card 4 me pc on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom