How many MBPS does the Arris TM602G/CT support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameslieb1

Solid State Member
Please give a simple answer cause I'm not as tech-smart as most of the people on this fourm. I have a EnGenius ESR9855G gaming router and it supports 300 MBPS but my Xbox 360 wired connection with it is still lousy so I'm thinking it might be cause I have a slow modem.

If it's within the network, it's going to be limited to your wireless speed (if the other device is wireless (and if the device is 802.11a/b/g/n compliant.. n is 300mbps, g is 54, b is 11, and I think a is 54 too)). If the other device is wired, it's limited to the speed of the Ethernet ports (won't really slow down anything at all.. ever)

If it's over the Internet then it's limited by the speed of the connection from your ISP.

I'm not an expert on these matters but I found a spec sheet that says it could be 30 or 42Mbps down and 30.72 up with a 10/100 connection to your LAN. These will be severely limited by the speed of your connection to the internet, as iFargle said.

Realize your connection speed is not determined by your router, its determined by your ISP. So you can have a great N router, but you may still only get a franction of it's tested speeds because of your ISP.

ISP the bottleneck of 99.9% of the networks out there. The cheapest of the cheap router will still get you 100mpbs up and down speeds.

The AVERAGE ISP speed right now for the AVERAGE american home is 3mbps download and 512k upload. Looks to me that you are right there with the average american home. My money is you are probably paying for around that speed.

Call your ISP and ask or just look at your bill, but i guarantee you are paying for that speed or around there. Unless you are paying 100's of dollars a month for internet service you ARE NOT going to EVER get 300mbps. Unless you live in Kansas City and purchase the google internet service... oh wait that's what i'm going to get

Edite: Also realize ping has NOTHING to do with ISP speed, it has to do with the latency between point A and point B. Your internet speed should be plenty for gaming unless you are doing other things on the next. Your ping sucks because there are too many hops (connections) between your house and the server that your game is being played on.

Find a difference server to play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom