how to install printer over a network ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
I have a 2003 SBS Server and would like to install network printer on all the clients of the network at once , How will it be possible ? please help.

Thanks

I have a 2003 SBS Server and would like to install network printer on all the clients of the network at once , How will it be possible ? please help.

Thanks

As far as connecting to the resource at every login, you should just follow bla!!'s advice.

I'm a little old fashioned and like telnet.... a lot :)
If it is something that you need to deploy over a few hundred machines and test right away or something then I usually just create my own scripts. For instance, I'll make a simple batch file that says for the machine to connect to the server and make a certain share connection and then reconnect, depending on the username/domain user, at login. Then I'll create a script in perl that forces telnet open, copies the ness. files and executes them. It'll then test the permission set over telnet and have the results written to an output file on my machine for review.

You can incorporate a lot of changes at once using this method over a text file list of machines. For me, the benefit is more control/flexibility. The ability to execute no matter where I am and not have to worry about remote server management/etc/interrupting the user that might be on the machine. Everything happens in the background and is pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom