How do you make internet powerline adapters work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I have the XAVB101 and my pc isn't picking it up. It will pick it up if I have my linksys wireless card connected as the pc can acess the internet with wireless linksys. However, as soon as I unplug it and try to connect with the powerline adapter, the configuration utility I installed with the resource cd can no longer pick up the devices. I would install the new firmware, but I think I remember like an 80% fail rate installing firmware wirelessly. It should be able to work without the new firmware anyway. It isn't like it isn't compatible with linksys routers or anything because it does work on my ps3. I'm getting a solid green light for data transfer, which means there is no data transfer and an orange light for internet connection, signaling 50 - 80 mbps. And yes, I did this directly through the outlet, not through a surge protector or power strip.

What do I have to do to make it work?

it is not on the same subject. This one is about making powerline adapters work and the other one is about making an ethernet port. Although they are related, they are not the same thing. If you can't stand seeing both topics, close this one then. No one is replying. I suppose I can wait on making a new topic till you see this and give you a chance to reopen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom