How do you change your ip adress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Energize

Solid State Member
I need to change my ip adress as i host games on halo (which makes sure thats everyone knows your ip adress) and with constant threats of im going to hack you! Coming to mind from certain people on the game i thought it would be good to learn how to change my ip adress well so it at least it looks to other computers like its not the same host im using a router as well which is annoying as it keeps the ip adress at 192.168.0.2 so is it possible?

Since you are hosting games, your ISP issued IP address is up for grabs, you can't host any games without furnishing that address.

What you can do is get a dedicated machine for hosting your games, usually you can find a linux based game server which would hold up to most if not all attacks.

You can also call your ISP at anytime and demand that they force a lease expiry on you current IP, forcing it to renew as another.

-Mike

You should not focus on your internal address though. You should be trying to change your external (Real World) IP address. As mikesgroovin just said it would be easy to call your ISP to force a release and renew as most ISPs issue their DHCP addresses on several month leases.

Changing your internet IP (the IP that your hostee's connect to when browsing for your halo server) depends on if you have a dynamic or static IP. If it is dynamic (changing) it will change when your ISP want it to, but ifi its static then the only way you can change it is to phone them up and plead.

Or alternatively you could buy a decent hardware firewall (seeing as you must have spent a ****load on the kit you have atm, im sure you can spare around £80)
Or but a good software firewall, eg ZoneAlarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom