????How do you block somone from accessing your website?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
The Question is a little confusing. :confused: There's some maniac that keeps E-mailing me and taking entire web pages off of my website!! I've heard of a way to block certain IP addresses from accessing my web site, but all I have on this person is the E-mail address. So how am i going to block this person from accessing my web site?? If i can't block them from the E-mail, then how can I at least block this person at all? :confused: :cool:

i believe there are certain IP tracking utilities, if you ever IM with this person, or have any other contact, and i believe this is not legal, thats somehow bypassing account information and changing your website with no permission, something isnt right about this.

Do you have his email address? (Yes you do, I don't know why you wouldn't) If you wish to share ( :) ) then do so, since nothing was signed saying you wuoldn't release it. And, also check the header, I believe you can get his original IP address from the header, but be careful and make sure it's the one of his computer which sent the message to his server, not the server he sent it to.

google on .htaccess files. Create one that denies access from that IP address, chuch it in your root directory and you are away.

Check your webservers logs - you do keep them dont you ;) - these will have IP addresses of people accessing your site. See if any match the IP address from which the emails originate and block that em.

The thing with blocking an IP address though is it is not every one has static ones and there is nothing to stop this person using a proxy.

Just block his email.

You seem to suggest that this person is changing material on your website. Change any passwords and check your material - is he exploiting some of your code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom