How do I share real time video over the net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmyCop

Beta member
Ok, unique situation here. Business Security related project.
I figured out how we can setup our buddy cam (yahoo IM) showing office area, leave it on when closing - go home - log into personal Yahoo IM - click on office's IM "view my webcam" and see realtime what's going on (usually and hopefully nothing).

This makes for an inexpensive way to monitor from remote place for security.

Now, we'd like to go another step futher with this idea:
We also have a few standard security cams around other areas of the business linked to a monitor in the office setup where you can see a few sec's view of each camera. Monitors have A/V jacks to allow to plug into VCR for recording.
We'd like to be able to plug the monitor into our computer and be able to view what they show remotely.

If we could make Yahoo IM "see" the security monitor as a web\buddy cam it should accomplish what we are trying to do.

I've found several packages that allow us to attach the security monitor (like you would a vcr) to our computer but they all are setup for capture \ recording the image - not able to setup to remote view realtime from another location.

Anyone have an answer for what we are trying to do?

Links to any product that would do this would help.

Thanks in advance...

http://www.cambrosia.com/products-viewer.php

I use the above product. You basically setup the camera on the machine and install the Cambrosia web server which will publish the cam to the web (you need to setup a web server on your computer). You can view it in either jpg snapshots or live streaming video in media player. There is also a special client that you can install on your machine that will remote to your server and provide a live feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom