How Do I Release Port 80 on My Base Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OIDanTheManIO

Fully Optimized
My question is how can I release port 80 on my Microsoft Networks Base Station? I installed Apache and TheMajor told me I would need to release port 80, but how? A screenshot of the configuration screen is below. Thanks.

-Dan The Man

OIDanTheManIOPort80.jpg

Type in the following in the fields, left to right:

Apache
TCP
YourIP

Where YourIP is the ip address of your computer. You can find it by going to Start -> Run -> cmd and then typing in ipconfig.

Right, forgot about that :) Go into your control panel and open Network Connections, right-click on your network card, and goto properties. Find and double-click TCP/IP. Click the "Use the following IP Address" button.

Type in the information you got from running ipconfig except for the IP address portion (probably 255.255.255.0 for the subnet mask and 192.168.1.1 for the default gateway). Put in an IP address lower than 100, for example 192.168.1.50.

For the Preferred DNS Server, you can just type in the IP address of your router (192.168.1.1 probably).

Now in your router when you release port 80 (its called forwarding by the way, not releasing), type in the IP address you just typed in, for example 50 if your IP was 192.168.1.50

and disable DHCP in ur router if it doesn't work (BTW, i had o disable DHCP in my router to make a static IP work...I also had to add the DNS servers in network card properties and I had to set the routers IP as the default gateway)

u might want to try this if it doesn't werk.

No, you don't have to disable DHCP. And don't, otherwise the other computers in your house are not going to work.

The way DHCP works is the computer sends out a request for any DHCP servers and if there is one, it responds and the computer gets an IP address.

If the computer's IP address is set statically, it won't ask for a DHCP server and will completely ignore the fact that there's one running on the network.

--------------------------------

Also, just put 192.168.1.1 (or whatever your router's IP address is) in for the default gateway and DNS Server on your network card proerties.

It is not working! I checked my IP just to make sure that the server is working. I went into my browser and entered in 192.168.2.139 and it came up with the Apache page. The port forwarding is not working though.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom