How do I post a notice on the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarasara

Beta member
I want to place details of my yahoo group on the net so that a subject/name search can bring it up.
But how do I go about getting info posted on the search engines?
Thanks,
Sara. :)

Search engines search the web, not just designated places. (or so i thought)

it is hard to get a personal site to show up

Blitze105 said:
Search engines search the web, not just designated places. (or so i thought)

it is hard to get a personal site to show up
You are answering a completely different question than the one I asked.

Try reading the question again?

Well did you have anything specific in mind?

A lot of search engines just search for content in the HTML files themselves. They at that point use that data to direct clients to your particular website.

Unless you want to pay for a spot, you dont have many options for search engines other then to just build up content, since its a news group you cant really change your tags to benefit your group.

sarasara said:
I want to place details of my yahoo group on the net so that a subject/name search can bring it up.
But how do I go about getting info posted on the search engines?
Thanks,
Sara. :)
When editing your pages, make sure you have some nice, search-engine-catching metadata in the first page. Search engines read everything, but they are more likely to return your site as a higher-level return if you have some metadata in there, than if you don't. Put in some keywords, a description blurb, title, etc. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go read some HTML sites.

The way I read it, this answers it quite nicely. You either mean that you want the webpage of your Y! Group to come up, which is something you really can't control to any useful degree, or you want to advertise on that page, in which case you pay search engines for advertising space. You can make your own webpage and host it somewhere with a link to your Y! Group and then try to bump up the placing of THAT page. Since you can't control meta-data for your Y!G page, you can't really help boost it much unless you simply get visited tens of thousands of times (and even that is not a sure fire way to get ranked on search engines).

~X

sarasara said:
You are answering a completely different question than the one I asked.

Try reading the question again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom