How do I get MSN to work w/o MSN Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

See Plus Plus

Baseband Member
Is there any way to get MSN to work w/o needing MSN Messenger??

I disabled messenger (I am assuming it was windows messenger) a while ago but I still cannot remove MSN messenger without my msn not working. Is there anyway to go about this?

MSN Premium version 9.10.11.1703 for Verizon DSL -- but on this computer my connection is cable -- if that helps?

Um, I need more info, like what is in this app, like programs it runs. I ask this because as I read MSN Premium is a
New All-In-One Service Offers Advanced Communications
so I need to know which parts of it you're still trying to use, and what you don't want to use, do you know what I mean? I can't just say "do this" because it may affect another part of the suite. Now, to get back on-topic, when your in the program, does it give you options like to explore internet? Or are you using it as an email client?

-SkyHi

PS- Once I get more info I can give you more help.

The only thing I use MSN for is my e-mail and nothing else. I use Netscape or IE for the Internet. I could always use the two to get to my e-mail account, but I rather use MSN because I find that it has more options with the whole e-mail thing.

That said, I do not use it for anything else but to read, write and send mail.

Msn messenger is built in with MSN premium so its always going to be there. And everytime you log on and there is an update for messenger, it will ask if you want to install the update. So just dont use it or customize the msn browser to remove the messenger icon.

xp has a group policy to disallow windows messenger to run. start | run, gpedit.msc, computer config, Admin templates, windows componets, windows messenger, change disallow to run to enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom