How Do I access

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfKiwi

Beta member
My pc is connected to a Linksys router. the icon bottom right on my wireless laptop tells me the connection to Linksys is excellent.
I have no problem connecting to the internet broadband via the router to Internet Explorer on the laptop, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to access the folders on my pc from the laptop. I know it must be something simple for young 'techies,' but here you are dealing with a 76yr old newbie..... please explain in simple English the route as I have been reading these threads for two days and am still lost... tks

I will assume you are using Windows XP in both cases (although it doesn't really matter what version of Windows you are using).

Open up "My Network Places", look your your desktop PC based (if you have only two and didn't set "good" names, you have a 50/50 chance.) Double-click the computer's icon to. You may be promped for a user name and/or password at this point or later. Enter a valid name and password for your desktop machine. Chances are you won't see much anything that is of use to you. In the address bar, append c$ to the current address and hit enter. You should now be looking at your entire C: drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom