How did it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
As I mentioned formatting is like daily bread for me.

In my XP machine. I had to install driver and software to connect the net with router behind the firewall.

But, Since I formatted harddrive and do the restore of XP from restore disk and in the option to connect the net just after the installation it connect to the net without having to install the software. How did it happen?

In my XP machine. I had to install driver and software to connect the net with router behind the firewall.

CORRECTION:It was suppose to be router behind the hub

I'm not sure that I understand the question....
You had to install the NIC driver at one point and not another?
Sorry raj, I'm just having trouble understanding what the actual question is.

-Mike

Thanks for the concern mike. In the most simple way I was asking, Since I bought my new router obviously I had to install driver and softaware for that router to get into the net.

But since I format my whole hardisk and reinstall XP it just connect through the router to the net without having to re-install driver and software.

I was just wondering Why did I not needed to install driver and software?

By router you mean a Cable/DSL router to share internet access right?

If so, the OS is smart enough to configure itself with the router settings.

What kind of drivers did you install previously?

Yes holo,

I have a zoom ADSL/5560 modem. Previously before formatting the win XP I had installed the driver that comes with the cd comes with modem.

It just connected to the net and only thing I had to do in the next boot is configure the IP address .

Same thing happened to my uncle house he is using cable 512 Kbps. He is using motorola(cable modem). After formatting his harddisk, and installing the WIn XP, he just happened to be connect to the net after just finished installing the OS and in the option that windows detect the internet connection automatically.

I did not install any driver or the software that comes with ISP CD or any drivers.

Any thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom