How can I set up my computer to recieve a dial-up connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in Windows XP (I'm not sure what OS you use, I'm just gerneralizing) you can go to your Control Pannel and there is an Icon for Phone and Modem Options. RUn that and fill in the information and I beleive that should create a Dial-up connection for you to use. Or there is the other way of going into "Network Places" and clicking on "Create a new Connection" and then select Manual Set-up. You just need your username and password for that one.

-Sean

Unstopableforce said:
Well in Windows XP (I'm not sure what OS you use, I'm just gerneralizing) you can go to your Control Pannel and there is an Icon for Phone and Modem Options. RUn that and fill in the information and I beleive that should create a Dial-up connection for you to use. Or there is the other way of going into "Network Places" and clicking on "Create a new Connection" and then select Manual Set-up. You just need your username and password for that one.

-Sean

I believe, if I read it correctly, that he wants to be like a Dial-Up ISP. Example: He's got a T1, and wants it so people can dial in to him and use a part of his bandwidth.

With that said, I have no idea how to go about it.

Ohhh well. I would beleive you would have to set up like.. a password, or username and password for your Router and then have them connect wirelessly, or by setting up wireless routers as a um.. I beleive it's called a Port throughout where you are so they can connect to it.

Example: Your Modem connects to a Wireless enabled Router. That signal is then broadcasted throughout your building and is then picked up by another Wireless router that is set up to recieve that connection and allow people who connect to that router to use the connection as well.

I have no sweet clue as to how to allow them to Dial-up to YOUR computer itself, though and I hope what I said is somewhat helpful.

As of setting up the routers to recieve a connection via-Wi-Fi, you'd have to get in touch with the supplier of the router for that as I really have no clue how to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom