How can i change my ip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your IP will change on its own if you have DHCP enabled. But if you want to do it yourself, open a command prompt and type without quotes "ipconfig" hit enter. This is your current IP. Then type "ipconfig /release" hit enter and then wait a minute or two and type "ipconfig /renew" hit enter. Then type "ipconfig" and see what you have now.

Your IP will change on its own if you have DHCP enabled. But if you want to do it yourself, open a command prompt and type without quotes "ipconfig" hit enter. This is your current IP. Then type "ipconfig /release" hit enter and then wait a minute or two and type "ipconfig /renew" hit enter. Then type "ipconfig" and see what you have now.

i have done already but not change :( :(
how can i enable dhcp?

You have to do that within your router. Log into your router, and there should be a setting to enable it somewhere.

Your IP address that is seen by everyone is designated by your ISP. Only certain ISP's allow you to change your IP by the means above. But since many IPv4 addresses are almost uesd you wont be able to do it that way anymore.

you will have to contact your ISP and talk to them. Or use a Proxy.

Open the properties of your network connection and scroll down to TCP/IP and open it. See if the buttons for automatically obtain IP and DNS are checked. If they are, DHCP is enabled. And it usually is. Sometimes the release/renew has to have several minutes in between or a restart. And like Mak said, some ISP's don't let you change them. Did your IP get banned from a website or something?

Open the properties of your network connection and scroll down to TCP/IP and open it. See if the buttons for automatically obtain IP and DNS are checked. If they are, DHCP is enabled. And it usually is. Sometimes the release/renew has to have several minutes in between or a restart. And like Mak said, some ISP's don't let you change them. Did your IP get banned from a website or something?

no change my ip for rapidshare :( itz sucking

Stop trying to bypass the rapidshare limits. Either pay for an account or find an alternate means of downloading.

TheEmperor is right. Either pay for a account or wait the specified time. maybe a Proxy would work but with the way many ISP's do the IP assigning you would be hard pressed to get a IP switch for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom