How to access files from a different network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike4realz

In Runtime
I have 2 routers. dlink (DI-524) and trendnet (TEW-452BRP).

how do i access files from a 192.168.1.x network to a 192.168.0.x network?

Are you talking about different physically locations or two routers within the same network?

My Guess is that, if they are are the name network and some how connected you can just the files and folders to share mode. If they don't show up in my network places on other computers you may have to broswe the settings on each router.

In the worst case you may actually have to refer to the manual!

Thats not what I asked you.

I asked whether they, the routers were in different physically locations, as in not close to each and on different modems/isps, OR if they are connected within the same network, now I understand the defualt gateway IP is different, but are the routers connected in some way close to each other?

dlink (192.168.0.1) with cable modem attached to WAN.

trendnet (192.168.1.1) with the dlink LAN port connected to the WAN port of the trendnet router. basically the connections are from dlink LAN to trendnet WAN port

I'm trying to access files from the dlink network to the trendnet network

And i assume you already enabled file shareing on both ends?

Can you ping both routers from computers connected to the oppsoites?

yeah I already setup file sharing and the firewalls on both computers

the computer from the trendnet router can ping both routers but not the computer connected on the dlink router. and the computer connected on the dlink router cannot ping the trendnet router and the computer on it.

i actually have the firewalls disabled. well since i can't ping the computer on the trendnet router, i can't access files from the computer on the dlink to the computer on the trendnet.

i can access files the opposit way but not from dlink router to the trendnet router

Check and make sure that the trendnet router is set to be in router mode and not in gateway mode. Or if there is an option to turn off NAT.

That's the issue you're running into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom