Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Here is the problem:
My computer is on a wireless connection using windows xp home edition
My parents computer is connected through like this

Internet -> Cable Modem -> Wireless Router -> Computer

Also on the wireless router is the vonage but i don't think that is at all worth mentioning.

What I want to do?

I want to share files from my computer to my parents downstairs between the two operating systems. Problem I'm having is that I don't know my end from the outs. We have had this older router a motorola for about 4+ years without any problems, however opening the IP etc is lost to me, so I cannot encrypt the connection.

So, is there a simple point click program for this sort of thing? The files in question are at max 700MB in size , from photos to family video and I want to save the trip/time of putting them all to a thumb drive, un-plug then plug in type deal.

I know there are some of you who find this tedious after awhile so any help or walkthrough for one XP Home machine and one XP Pro machine would help.

There's a Network Setup Wizard in XP. You can use that to configure your network. It shouldn't matter what router or connection you use, just give both PC's the same Workgroup name and make at least one shared folder on each. Then you should be able to connect.

I have 6 PC's on my home network (3 can run either Linux or Windows XP, one runs Vista (my parents' comp), one runs Windows 95, and the other runs Windows 98 SE. All of them share files and my parents' printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom