Home Network - No Network Places?? Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HELPMEPLZ

Baseband Member
Hi Guys!

I've had this issue for a while now but only recently has it become urgent as i need large files transferred asap!

My Network consists of this set up:
Modem/Router (Same Thing) --> LAN HUB
LAN HUB --> My Computer via Ethernet
LAN HUB --> Wireless Access Point
Wireless Access Point > Gives wireless connection to internet for other 2 laptops in house.

Now this works perfect for internet connection and all that for each computer/laptop except i have never been able to access the other computers on the network via network places or via the workgroup etc.. for example when i click on view workgroup computers it will show me an error like there isn't any to look at, not even my own computer shows up in there!

I showed this problem to my computer techie mate and he laughed at me for the set-up im using? It's working fine for internet! i just need the accessability of each computer connected to the LAN HUB and Wireless Access Point all showing up in each computers network places / workgroup computers.

This is an urgent problem and i will be eternally greatful for anyone who can help!

Thanks in advance!

You will have to enable sharing on all of the hosts you wish to share on. Right click on the drive/folder you want to have shared, and select the "Sharing and Security" option. (Or select properties, then go to sharing tab.)

I had a similar problem, the cause of the problem was Norton firewall being set to home. All I did was change it to the 'Office' setting and I could share printers, files and drives with ease.

I had a similar problem, the cause of the problem was Norton firewall being set to home. All I did was change it to the 'Office' setting and I could share printers, files and drives with ease.

Thanks mate yeah this was the problem!

I didn't realise norton internet security actually was blocking out my LAN connections as well, i just turned it off and i've got everything working again! just need to figure out how to turn it back on now but allow my workgroup to function correctly.

Thanks a lot!
:)

Lol yes, change it to the office setting, I can't quite remeber as this was a while ago and since then we've changed from norton to AVG. I think you can create a firewall profile in which you can set it to be on but to allow in-going and out-going network connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom