Home Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeman7

Beta member
I have three computers - Desktop with XP Pro
Laptop with XP home, Laptop with MS 98, DLink wireless Router, and Cable Modem. Desktop and Laptop with MS 98 are connect to router with CAT5. Router has firewall enabled, all other computers have firewall disabled.
When I go to Network on Windows explorer, the two laptops see each other, and can transfer files etc. The Desktop does not even see the workgroup named MSHOME. All it sees is the My MSN Network.
I have run home network wizard several times on the Desktop, but never get to the home network MSHOME, although this shows as the configuration of the computer for working on the home network.
I have noticed one thing, and that is the nework connection on the Desktop uses Intel Pro 100 VE as it connection, whereas the two laptops use Microsoft Client.

Can anyone help??
Freeman7

Do you have anything shared out on the desktop? And you have added it to the workgroup right? You didnt accidently plug the desktop into the uplink port on the router? Is there any connectivity at all at the desktop?

ayenem:
I have the folder "my Documents" showing as shared. It has the hand under it on its Icon, as well as in its properties. The Desktop connects to the internet thru the Router. The cable modem is plugged into the uplink port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom