home group issue

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi.

I set up a home group last night between my 2 PCs (desktop which i will call PC1 and laptop which I will call PC2) last night and a printer. Everything was working correctly after I shared everything on printers, C:..etc. This morning when I booted up all 3 devices I had trouble accessing the desktop of PC1 from PC2 under PC1's user's name and vise versa.

What would coz this and how do I fix it plz?

thx

did all the things suggested on that link but it didnt help my issue. Any other ideas guys?

Hell, I didn't even know you could access the desktops of other computers in a homegroup.

Are the network settings both set to "Private" on each machine? Time and date match, including the time zone? Both running the same version of Windows? Is the work group name the same on both machines? Did you run the HomeGroup Troubleshooter as well?

If you answered yes to all of that, my next question would be what antivirus software are you running? Chances are there is a firewall blocking the Home Group, but the above items are quick and easy, so do those first.

Back
Top Bottom