Status
Not open for further replies.

paint

Baseband Member
Hi All,
I have a new (3 weeks) NetGear WGR614 v4 G wireless network
running on two Windows 98 machines. I can access the net with
no problems from both machines, but the machine with the card
in it can not access my printer. And now I can not access either of the harddrives from network neighborhood from either of the machines. When I first set these up everything was fine, Printer
sharing moving files from harddrive to harddrive, now I can not
do any of this but the net sharing is fine and I have not changed a thing from original setup. And the machine with the card in it
when I am in network neighborhood, I can see the other computer but when I ckick on it it says (computer name) is
not accessible and when I try to use the printer I get kinda the same message. So I am not sure what the heck happened.

But could someone please help and show how to setup a basic
peer to peer wireless network, and as far as I can tell both computers are setup exactly the same, so what am I missing.

Thank you in advance for any light you can help shed on this problem. :)

Paint

Yes they are both wireless, one has a NetGear Wg311 v2
card in it, and the other has the router on it, Both are G.

Paint

you had to have changed something think hard and what was it a game, a sp, or someting in the network
if not netgear has a reset option use it it works

Button on the back

On my 624, it's a small button on the back you can push in with your fingernail or a pen tip.

Also, I often don't see the other machines on the network when going through the wireless card (but I do right this minute; just checked), but I can still get to them using this network name by typing \\firstcomputer\shareddirectory as an example.

it is also inside the router type in the ip of your router in the web bar and look for a default settings or reset settings button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom