Help! Wireless on a mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jateenjoshi

Beta member
I have two comps, a pc desktop and a mac laptop and I want a wireless network. I've just bought a linksys wireless router/modem and a wireless PCI card for my desktop. But I'm at a loss with what to do with my mac laptop. I know there is a device called airport, but I was wondering whether I could simply buy a linksys wireless usb adapter or card and make it work on a mac instead of busting out an extra 40 bucks on an airport card and another 120 on an airport station. Please help.

jateenjoshi said:
I have two comps, a pc desktop and a mac laptop and I want a wireless network. I've just bought a linksys wireless router/modem and a wireless PCI card for my desktop. But I'm at a loss with what to do with my mac laptop. I know there is a device called airport, but I was wondering whether I could simply buy a linksys wireless usb adapter or card and make it work on a mac instead of busting out an extra 40 bucks on an airport card and another 120 on an airport station. Please help.

this should help you
mac-pc connect

Sorry I should have specified... simply put, can I hook up a linksys wireless adapter to my mac laptop ( adapter connects thru usb) and make it connect to my linksys wireless router? Thanks (the site u gave me doesn't cover that)

Yae, don't quote me on this, but Mac's support TCP/IP, so you should be able to set it up just like two pc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom