Help With Wireless Driver Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakejake

Beta member
Hey Guys,

I recently purchased second hand an acer aspire 5315 laptop/net book and it was running WINDOWS 7 PRO, due to a severe lack or space and fake OS I upgraded it to WINDOWS XP PRO OS.

Since doing so I lost all the drivers, as the PC was made for windows vista the acer website only lists the Vista Drivers. I have used DRIVER ROBOT, and every other driver finder, however it still is not finding the following drivers:

driversneeded.jpg

I have tried everything, and am at a complete loss, the intel website can't find it due to the fact that I am using BELKIN dongle to connect to try and find drivers, and it just states that this is not supported.

Has anyone got a clue?

also included is the following information about what PC is running etc.

pcrunning.jpg

Thanks in advance

Jake

You have to realize that sometimes newer hardware doesn't have the drivers for older OS technologies. It may very well be that the manufacturer did not make an XP driver - in which case you would be out of luck. Vista and windows 7 drivers are sometimes interchangeable, but not with XP.

Do the windows update as the other poster suggested. IF that doesn't work try manually installing it by going through the steps of 'let me choose a driver.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom