Help with two Internet connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuces

Beta member
Hi,
My idea is to buy a usb air card and plug it into my desktop along with the cat5 network cable which provides network and Internet service from the company. When I want to get on the web for personal use I'll switch to the air card, and when I want to access the network or Internet for office use I'll use the network connection. Can this be done? How do I set it up in windows 7? I'm a novice so please be as explicit and complete as possible. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

I am also a novice, I know that you need to buy a wireless router, its "wan" port need to connect to your internet provider (ISP) and ask your internet provider which kind of servcie they provide to you ( PPPOE or DHCP ) If your service is PPPOE, you need to input you user name and password on the router setup.
follow the router instruction. Other 4 ports for connecting to to your computer by using RJ45 network cable . You can also ask your rotere supplier how to set up your router.once your set is right, you can connect to internet, Second step is set up wireless function. you need to assign the name of router, like " my router " and the security password , all of these you can set up by yourself if you following the installation disk and your supplier advice. try it, hope you can do that.

When your done with the company's browsing click the internet connection down at the right of your desktop, then click open network and sharing center, then click Local Area network. Click disable. Now, plug in your usb drive, click connect to a network,follow the guide, and (If needed)type the password your network administrator gave you. Hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom