Help on Setting up lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAAX Z

Baseband Member
Hello There,
I have 2 computers, both are desktop
1 computer is connected to Internet through Wireless Adapter, and have a lan card on it, and have another pc beside, it also has lan card on it.
so i want to access Internet and file sharing on it, i also have Lan wire to attach them.
I Plugged that wire in both pc but it shows Network cable unplugged.
NEED HELP

if you want to network 2 computers directly thru network card then you either need to use a crossover cable.

or get a hub or router and hook them up to that

i already have crossover cable which is CAT5
bbbut when i plug it in both side, both computer shows NETWORK CABLE UNPLUGGED, this wat the problem is.

If you want to set up internet sharing, you would need two network cards in one computer and set up ICS on it. I suppose since you already have a wireless card and a wired NIC in one you would be OK there. Can you connect a CAT 5 to the router from the second PC? That would be the simplest thing to do. Or just get a wireless NIC for the second PC too.

Can you connect a CAT 5 to the router from the second PC?
no i can not.
beside those thing, i would like to connect two pc together and share internet and files through that cable.

I Plugged cat5 wire in both pc but it shows Network cable unplugged.
why such this or problem in my cable but both devices works fine.

THanks for that
but ill buy new one and will check 1st because its cheaper than that is yeah

Do you have a third computer, perhaps? A laptop, or something? If so, you could test each port by plugging one end into your third computer, and one to Desktop #1 - does it work? Desktop #2 - does it work?

I had a faulty ethernet port like this on my (crappy) ECS board - I ended up buying a new NIC card for $5 at Circuit City. Your problem sounds similar - a connection isn't being made. While it could be the cable, I'd guess one of the ports is more likely to be the culprit.

I have 2 computers, both are desktop
1 computer is connected to Internet through Wireless Adapter, and have a lan card on it, and have another pc beside, it also has lan card on it.
so i want to access Internet and file sharing on it, i also have Lan wire to attach them.
I Plugged that wire in both pc but it shows Network cable unplugged.
both LAN cards works fine.
so i guess prob could be crossover cable.
bought new crossover cable
when i plug that wire in it shows network cable unplugged.
to Set up lan do i have to just plug in wire because when my both card has indicators
but i dont see any led blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom