Help! Problem w/ internet at my apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpogi

Beta member
Ok, here's the scenario:

I live on an off-campus apartment that provides high-speed internet as part of their package. To my knowledge, the internet comes from some central server far from the apartment complex. The speed is satisfactory; I can download / upload quite fast.

The problem is I ALWAYS get disconnected whenever I am downloading a large file or when I am playing multiplayer games. GetRight fixed the file download problem, but I cannot fix my multiplayer dilemma. If I want to play games online, I'm either going to have to find a solution to this problem or get a new internet connection. The problem with getting a new internet connection is that I would have to pay extra for it because the high-speed internet my apartment complex provides is included in the rent.

I'm sure someone else has had this problem before. Does anyone know what I can / should do? Hopefully I won't have to submit to my second option, but I really do want to play multiplayer games without having to be disconnected every 5 minutes. Please help!

Well......tell us what kind of hardware that the apartment gave you. Is it DSL or Cable?

I believe it's a split T1. The only thing we had to do was configure a network connection w/ the following things:

Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
QoS Packet Scheduler
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

I'm using a NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller as my network card with Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom