help please and fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
illegal, I think that depends on what it is being used for....
harmful, shouldn't be
how to, I am not really sure...

I just checked the router settings again online or whatever using the http:// router address and found my neighbors name. I guess that blocking thing don't work.

Ok, Norcent.... can you please post a screen shot of where you are looking at, and seeing your neighbors computer connected to the router? And, what model of router are you using?? (asking again)...

It would be simpler for a newbie of wireless networking to go to the wireless settings and pick wpa-psk encyption (not wep) and set a password that you can remember. you have been suggested this a few times, yet you ignored the advice. it's just easier to do

don't say that you need it unsecured because you parent can't get in, because you can use your new password to log them in

change your network name too. you can disable the name from showing later

if your parent's wireless computer still can't find it your, update it to SP2

**** 2 more neighbors are using my internet now. I need to do something fast please help cause this internet is slower then dial up I REPEAT CABLE 256kb/s SLOWER THEN DIAL UP!!!

Norcent, i know this may take a bit more work but go to your wireless settings and pick wpa-psk encyption (not wep). ITS SO MUCH simpler, all you have to do is give the password to your other computer and "sign/log" into the router.

I seriously love how much help people have given you in telling you what you need to do, and then ignoring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom