help please and fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
i said clearly... run CMD, and in the prompt box type type ipconfig /all

don't you read?

meh.. i feel cranky when people ask something i've already answered b4 they posted their question

OK, Norcent.... (I get off work in 20 min... will check back here when I get home)....

Just wondering... How did you come to the conclusion that it is your neighbor that is stealing wireless?
please list the router model name & info.
you will want to log into the router. To get the router's IP Address, open a command prompt (START > RUN > type 'CMD' hit enter), and type IPCONFIG. The DEFAULT GATEWAY is the router's IP Address. Type this into your internet browser. You will want to check the router's DHCP table info to see what addresses are being used, (maybe check the log too).... From the router config page, you can disable wireless, and the problem should be gone.... A simple step would be to unscrew the antenna from the router.

Norcent... did you miss my last post? I would like to know specifically how you were able to determine that your neighbor is connected to your wireless network.... I am not questioning your findings, the answer can help to restrict their access....

Also.... is this your router?? http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...nksys/Common/VisitorWrapper&lid=1545339789B10
If not, what is the router model number.... ex: WRT54GS

i think he said that he left it unsecure because his parents couldn't connect to it

yeah thats the router and I left it unsecure cause my parents couldn't connect to it. Vernong I did read what you wrote before about the ipconfig thing but didn't get what the physical address was located and i still don't know where the physical address is located.

just search for it on the dialog box in CMD

the number will look something like this 00-0A-0F-02-K0 something like that.... thats your physical address (aka the mac address you put in) also while your in CMD see what your static address is and log it

I will give you this Norcent, but this I cannot help you farther if you can't respond to my questions....

To get the MAC address....

START > RUN > type 'CMD' hit enter), and type IPCONFIG /ALL

IPCONFIG and IPCONFIG /ALL give 2 different outputs... the first being a brief summary of the info...

The MAC address will be listed as the physical address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom