Help Needed, Pulling me Heir out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Im trying to Conect a Win 7 PC to a XP PC.. Been doing some Reading and know you have to have it set as the same HomeGroup, but other than that am stumped as to what to do.. Win 7 PC is aking for Usernames and Password.. And havent got a Clue what they are.. Not sure how to comunicate this threw the XP System, if I have to do that..

Ive done all sorts, and Yes, probily ****ed it up big style, but seriously lad, lasses need help soon as here.. Away to Bed soon, as its 05.41 here in the UK..

Sorry if I sound Abrupt, bu ive been trying to Figure this out for an Hour and half..

Im running two Laptops threw an Ethernet conection, threw the Router..

:big_smile:

Rite av had a Cigarette and Calmed down.. :LoL .. .. Ive got two Laptops running XP Home and the other Win 7, Ive set the names as WorkGroup on boath pc's.. Sorry wasnt Clear before. Iv'e been presented with option from the Win 7 Laptop to select the Network as a Home Network.. Haveing the Two Laptops conected threw the Router, boath with Internet Access via Ethernet. But im being asked for a Passwrod and Username in Win 7 Laptop under network in the Start menu for the PC av designated Home.

Sorry for the outburst befor Lads and Lasses, been trying to Figure it out for at most 2 hours.. Amazeing what a Cigarette can do eh!!

Any help I would Love you for "Life" .

Chears.

@ Spud1200, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

@Slaymate, sorry didnt realize..

I've managed to Conect the Win 7 PC to the XP System, By selecting Home Network in Win 7, under network and shareing. Threw the Network in the Start Menu i've got the option of the XP Michine and can share Files and Folders by going to Network and opening the Xp Michine av set to "Home", By draging and Droping to this Folder a can see and use files on the other Michine..

Does that sound rite, is their anything else a need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom