Help with my Dial-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Confused One

Beta member
Hello, i currently live in Kentucky, USA. i live in the rural part of it also. and right now my =only= option is Dial-Up, i have tried everything (including little programs in which you pay for that "say" it can increase it by 100%)i like to play Multilayer halo (which is hard to play with dial-up) and i was wondering if theres any tweaks i could do to at least make my latency better, i will say that i tweaked with my setting a little, which probably made it worst, actually I know it messed it up, because when i 1st got my computer and internet, i connected at speeds of 50.6Kbps, which is very very good speeds for dial-up, now i rarely connect at that speed (usually 49Kbps-30Kbps) and i constantly warp and lag in halo (didn't do that -As Bad- as before) a friend on halo told me to come here and see if you could help me. Thanks, anything is appreciated. :)

Since no one seems, dont, dont want to, dont feel like, hates me, to talk then i guess ill try a site that CAN ACTUALLY HELP ME with this problem, so whatever, Thanks alot for your help!!!! and wasting my time!!!!!

WTF noob, stop reposting to get your thread up. I know a way but I ain't gonna help you cuz you don't appreciate help.

How old are you? You need to be more patient on forums, sometimes it takes a little while for a question to be answered, especially early on a saturday morning when most people are still asleep and forum traffic isn't very high.

As for your question, online gaming on dialup has always been and always will be a painful experience. Reduced speeds are a result of more noise on the line usually than there was before. Maybe you should look into seeing if there are any wireless options available in your area. Fixed wireless is good if you can find a good provider, and today its getting more and more common for cellular providers to provide internet as well if you can get a signal.

Are you kidding kid? You post at 7AM on a saturday (my time), wait for an hour, and flip out that nobody likes you and won't answer your question? Bug off emo kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom