Help me get back on the internet! All is lost after viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got these errors after running the tool? Does windows boot?

Never seen those .dll files and I do not have them on my computer xp pro sp3. Remnants from virus perhaps?

always good to reformat after cleaning a virus infection. backup, reformat, rebuild.

Formatting or reinstalling windows is the VERY VERY last thing you do IF you can't get the computer working properly.

I have delt with some very tough viruses but I have not had to reload windows because of them. After some deep thorough cleaning, windows runs great.

I would never suggest to anyone that "its always good to reformat after cleaning a virus". What is the point of "cleaning" a virus threat if your going to reformat it?

I would suggest browsing you System32 folder to make sure those files are not there. It doesn't seem like they are though.
When you open the folder, go to TOOLs and click on FOLDER OPTIONS, then click the VIEW tab and make sure SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS is checked and make sure HIDE PROTECTED OPERATING SYSTEM FILES is NOT checked.

If the files are there and you can't delete them, Download Unlocker 1.7 to help you remove them.

sorry it was a rhetorical question. Did you see the link above for the sp1 winsock fix?

That worked!:D Now I'll go get the updated service packs. Is there anything else I should do?

You got these errors after running the tool? Does windows boot?

Never seen those .dll files and I do not have them on my computer xp pro sp3. Remnants from virus perhaps?

No, those were after I was able to get the comp to boot and I ran adaware and malwarebytes.

Yeah. Update your system and back up your files.

Think of this as a little lesson. Had the computer been completely trashed you could have lost all of your data.

It is a mean world out there. Drive Safe.

uh oh! I was just downloading service pack 2 and installing antivira on my computer and got the BSOD!!!

page_fault_in_nopaged_area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom