Help me forward port 80 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Indeed.

Default Help me forward port 80

Hey. I haven't posted on here in a while But now I'm stumped...

I set up an Apache server and it's accessible on the LAN, and I also got set up with DynDNS. Whenever I load my DynDNS site, however, it brings up the login box for my Actiontec DSL modem. I've already disabled remote management in the modem, and also forwarded port 80 to my router. The modem is using DHCP and assigned the router an IP, so I forwarded to that. The router then forwards 80 to my computer's local IP. But like I said, the modem login is the only thing I get when I connect to my external IP, so I suspect it's a setting in there. Any ideas?

Old 08-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Help me forward port 80

Definitely forwarding all incoming traffic on port 80 to your router? Definitely sure you're connecting through port 80? Hmmmm....tricky...

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 08-23-2011, 02:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Indeed.

I feel dumb. It was bringing up the modem login because I was trying to connect to my external IP while on the local network. I walked down the street with my laptop and it worked just fine on a neighbor's WiFi

Old 08-23-2011, 03:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Thanks for a good laugh haha, and rest assured I've done worse XD
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 08-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

When I set up apache port 80 didn't work for me either.. I heard some ISPs block that port. I changed mine to something else (8080 ) and it worked like a charm.
Closed Thread