Help with ipaq h3800 and expansion card networking capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

star_topology

In Runtime
I guess this qualifies as a Networking thread question, but it's for my iPAQ Pocket PC. I just received my CompactFlash Card expansion pack today, and according to the product information I pasted, I am supposed to be able to "access my company's LAN" through a network cable. However, I see no such RJ45 slot on my expansion card. Can someone push me in the right direction? Either I'm misinformed, un-properly equipped, just plain dumb, or a combination of the three. :p

"Extend your iPAQ's abilities. Add storage via CompactFlash cards. Get connected via your network. Or access your email through the phone. You can with this extension pack.

• Plug in memory cards (Type I or Type II CompactFlash cards that are compatible with the Pocket PC operating system)
• Increase the file storage space on your iPAQ Pocket PC
• Use Type I or Type II CompactFlash cards that are compatible with the Pocket PC operating system
• Access your company's network (LAN) for e-mail and Web browsing using a standard network cable
• Access your Internet account through a regular phone line
• Compatibility: iPAQ 3600, 3700, 3800, 3900, 5400, and 5500 series"

If you need more info, just run a search at shopping.hp.com for the product ID:
FA115A#AC3

Here is how it goes...

You purchase the iPaq expansion pack for the (CF) compact flash cards.

That is the adapter that you would plug in your CF modem or CF network card (RJ45 or wireless)

Now you have to get a CF NIC that is compatible with your ipaq in order to get your connection between your ipaq device and the Lan.

Here is a wireless nic for the iPaq
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ails.asp?EdpNo=683827&Sku=A316-1006&CatId=366

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom