help with internet please

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxAkiraxX

Beta member
i built my computer week ago.. but i think my internet is messed up... my old computer which is way worse then my new one gets better connection in games for some reason... and my old computer DOESNT freeze sometimes on a game i play called runescape... also when i goto my control panel then my network connections.. it says i have 2 connections.. one that says "Local Area Connection" and another one that says "1394 Connection 3" .. and it says they are both connected.. and when i try repair the "Local Area Connection" it says "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Clearing NetBT" ... and when i try to repair the "1394 Connection 3" it says "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection. Cannot proceed." ... i have no idea what to do.. and i dont even think there should be 2 connections in "Networking Connections" ... also when i 1st built the comptuer i had trouble getting the internet to work.. i have no idea how i got it to work either.. on both the icons they have a little lock at the top right of the icons also.. but i think thats normal.. also when i couldnt get on the internet when i first built the computer.. it said it was connected.. but i still couldnt get online and it said it was running at 900.0 Mbps, which was strange.. also when i goto toast.net and do the internet speed test its way slower on my new computer then on my old one.. can anyone help me? also when i goto network connections in control panel.. then goto properties, i cant uninstall "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" for some reason and im using Windows XP Pro.

nope, it just says what i have there.. iv been on 8 forums.. and NO ONE knows what the problem is.. this is unbelievable :(

Um...try looking in your even log to see if there's an error number. I've looked around microsoft.com's knowledge base, but can't find anything specific to this problem. If there's not an event error, the last think I can think of is try microsoft's tech support.

http://support.microsoft.com/

XxAkiraxX said:
i built my computer week ago.. but i think my internet is messed up... my old computer which is way worse then my new one gets better connection in games for some reason... and my old computer DOESNT freeze sometimes on a game i play called runescape... also when i goto my control panel then my network connections.. it says i have 2 connections.. one that says "Local Area Connection" and another one that says "1394 Connection 3" .. and it says they are both connected.. and when i try repair the "Local Area Connection" it says "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Clearing NetBT" ... and when i try to repair the "1394 Connection 3" it says "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection. Cannot proceed." ... i have no idea what to do.. and i dont even think there should be 2 connections in "Networking Connections" ... also when i 1st built the comptuer i had trouble getting the internet to work.. i have no idea how i got it to work either.. on both the icons they have a little lock at the top right of the icons also.. but i think thats normal.. also when i couldnt get on the internet when i first built the computer.. it said it was connected.. but i still couldnt get online and it said it was running at 900.0 Mbps, which was strange.. also when i goto toast.net and do the internet speed test its way slower on my new computer then on my old one.. can anyone help me? also when i goto network connections in control panel.. then goto properties, i cant uninstall "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" for some reason and im using Windows XP Pro.

Are you using An Onboard NIC or a separate PCI NIC? have you updated the drivers for it latly?

The lock in the corner of each connection means the Windows firewall is active on them.

You can't uninstall TCP/IP because it is the protocal and set of rules that alows you to connect to the internet.

Also, are you directly connected to your modem or are you connected to a router then to modem, if so what brand and model number. Some commands that can be run from command prompt to help speed of your connection or at least refresh it are.

ipconfig/renew
ipconfig/registerdns
ipconfig/flushdns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom