Help Getting my Xbox on the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smack

Baseband Member
So our internet connection comes into the house in the downstairs lounge right at the corner of the house. My room is upstairs and behind the lounge, and is roughly 8 or 10 meters distance between the router and my Xbox and laptop. My laptop's internet is pretty awesome, though my internet has a problem with resetting itself at least once a week, if not twice.

Now my conundrum is that I could spend £40 on one of those Xbox wireless connectors, but I've only heard bad things about them in regards to them not being reliable when playing games on line. Now I can't get another wired internet line into my house without having to pay another fee and then having work done to bring it upstairs.

I've seen around in places like PC World these wireless connectors that plug into your mains AC socket, and then you can wire them to a computer or an xbox to get faster and more reliable internet than if it was just connected wireless straight from the router.

If anyone could offer me some solid advice as to which way I should go in regards to getting the best connection possible for Xbox Live.

first off you can try to bridge them both together, but i found that did not work for me at all.

Also your router should have come with an ethernet cable, some computers have the socket for it, some don't once you connect your xbox through computer via ethernet cable, click on the status of your laptop connection, the click properties, then the sharing tab, then tick both boxes

That's an interesting one I could have tried a day ago. I've bought the 360 Wireless N Adapter this morning, and so far my internet is really good. Plus, my router hasn't been upgraded to the N one yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom