Help to get a laptop on line wireless

JohnGo

Solid State Member
Inspiron B130, XP Pro sp3, 40gb hd, 1 gb ram

Up until now this laptop has not had a wireless card installed. I can get on the internet wirelessly using a linksys usb network adapter and also with a wired ethernet connection.

I ordered and installed a Broadcom BCM94318MPG wireless card but can't get on line. I think the computer recognizes it because the "Found new hardware wizard" wants to search for a driver on bootup. Also, in device manager there is the dreaded yellow "?" beside "other devices" and "network controller".

I have searched manually for a driver but have not found one. Hopefully a current driver is all it needs. I would appreciate advice on this situation.

Thanks,
JohnGo

OK, I have installed the driver at your link but nothing has changed. The "found new hardware wizard" still wants to search on bootup. I don't know where the driver installed to, so I can't make it browse to the folder.

Can't I safely assume that since the new hardware wizard pops up, that the card is ok and is recognized by the computer? Do you or others have anything else I can try?

You got the driver from e-bay? You got took.

go to dell.com, in the seach box in the upper right corner, type in inspiron b130 drivers, click search.

This will take you to a sign in page, just follow the directions and you should be good.

I work on a lot of Dell and use this 3-5 times most every day.

No I didn't get a driver from ebay; I got the wireless card from ebay. I went to dell site and d'loaded the dell wireless driver and now the laptop is on line and looking good. Thanks all very much for your replys and recommendations!

JohnGo

Back
Top Bottom