Help finding Internet restriction/blocking program 4 my business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepg

In Runtime
Help with Internet restriction/blocking program 4 my business!!

I would like to know if anyone knows of a good program that will block internet access on my XP Pro machine? I would still like to be able to use the internet myself, just not have my employees on it all day. If there is a program out there that allows me to require a password/code to use the internet, that would be the ideal situation.

I thought about just removing the icon's, but I think that would only help for a little until they figure out how to get around this.

Here is the setup. I use one profile for all the employees. Is it possible to restrict all internet access (AIM, HTTP, FTP, etc) on this profile alone? Then I could setup another profile for myself and just switch users when I need to log in and use the internet.

It has been a long time since I've had to worry about this issue, so I've somewhat forgotten what XP pro's abilities are.

any input here is greatly appreciated!

This is only on a single PC, as all employees use this machine and it is used for all purchases and in-store services.

It would be easy if your employees didn't have to use the PC for intranet as well. You could just create a seperate profile and disable the NIC then restrict their rights so they couldn't re-enable it. But they would not have intranet as well. What kind of setup do you have router/switch wise?

Disabling the Nic is a good idea. If I use the switch users, instead of logging off, will the other account (my admin account) work with the NIC while the other profile is open?

The PC is connected directly to the DSL modem. I know this isn't the best setup, this is actually my girlfriends patent's business. I'm just trying to help them out with the internet usage problem.

The PC runs a proprietary piece of software calles Helios. It is for a Tanning Salon. It keeps track of inventory, client's accounts, and bed uasage. The beds are connected to the program, so the genreal usage account needs to use the NIC (just found out about this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom