Help!!!!!!! Any Advice Is Deeply Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
For windows the is good CCproxy but this is not working in your case couse I can't remove the Tray Icon, there....

And you no need the icon to stay in tray.

You need to test/find proxy server to not keep the icon in the tray.

one word you have to make it bit invisible....

bobojuice
Why your face flash like cristmas tree???

is the "starter" of your light working corect?

TinoZ
what pictures you have around. Don't you think they have to stay in your PC? for you only?

What type of 'product' am I looking for? Is "Proxy Server Soft Pack" an good name for this type of software?

By You....
Originally posted by KornNut
What type of 'product' am I looking for? Is "Proxy Server Soft Pack" an good name for this type of software?

By Me.....
You need to test/find proxy server to not keep the icon in the tray.

one word you have to make it bit invisible....

Thanks for all of the help

Thanks for all of the help every one. I have learned alot in this field, and heres what I have done in experimentation:

PORT TUNNELLING

As you all know, most firewalls block by a proxy service where some ports are blocked. All internet activity goes through certain ports. Port numbers less than 1024 are used for your basic system tools such as:

80 - HTTP (websites)
25 - email

While other programs (such as AIM or LAN games) all have their own port number. AIM uses a port number around 1763 for an example.

So, in alot of cases, basic tools (such at HTTP and email) along with popular programs like AIM, are allowed through the firewall. While, other ports, like LAN games, file sharing, etc. are all blocked by the network's firewall.

What Port tunnelling does is forward all ports to a certain port that is not blocked (for instance, port 80), or it may just forward certain ports (those that are blocked by the proxy service). There are many third party programs that sell this type of service.

The one that I stated in this thread is offered through the Proxy Connection. This has a speed that is good enough for most users, but the price is 25 dollars a month.
http://theproxyconnection.com/firewallsupport.html

The most popular (and most highly rated for what I have seen) program that I have seen is HTTP-Tunnel. This is available at http://www.http-tunnel.com/html/.

They now offer free port forwarding tools, but this is at a slow speed (they advertise it as 40 kb/s, but through my experience, it has run at only a speed of 5 kb/s). They also offer a paid service whose speed is definitely sufficienct enough for most users. This service is $5 a month or you can buy in "bulk" for $50 a year. These prices are far better than The Proxy Connection's prices.

As for the other alternative (in my case):

BUILDING YOUR OWN PROXY SERVER

Using these proxy server/LAN packs, one is able to use a LAN from one PC that is blocked by the firewall to another that is not blocked by the firewall (in my case, from my dorm PC which is blocked, to one in a computer lab which is not blocked by the firewall).

There are a boatload of these kinds proxy server packs out there. These include: CCProxy, Proxy+, Wingate, WinProxy, and the list goes on and on.

These are 'internet sharing' proxies, where one computer shares internet access with another (in most cases, with another that is in the same network). The program is installed in both the computer that has the desired internet access (computer AB for explanation sake) and the computer that will be using that shared internet access (computer DR). So, basically, Computer DR would use computer AB's internet access. As long as the program is running in computer AB, DR will be able to use its access. Each proxy server pack has security options (some better than others) and most have an option to run in WINNT. By running in WINNT, not only will the program run in the background, it will also run while no one is logged onto the computer, so the computer only has to be turned on in order to share internet access.
DR is able to log on to share AB's internet access through a number of options (each of which mainly differ depending upon the security settings). One of which is to simply open the connection by typing the IP address and port number in a web browser:

http://IP number :: port number

The other way to access AB computer's internet access is by using a socket program that automatically associates some of your programs on computer DR with AB's internet connection.

Also, as I said earlier, there are many security options available. With each of these 'internet sharing' packs, you may add specific users by network name or IP address or you can have a simple user name and password that each DR computer would have to input.

As for connection speed, since the network speed is far better than the normal external internet access speed, it seems as if I have the same internet speed as if I was physically using the AB computer.

Each program, in my opinion (and feel free to correct me on this if you have a broader knowledge on these programs) has their own advantages.

Wingate is probably the most 'professional' program of those that I listed. I know of businesses that actually use this program to go around connectivity problems within their networks. This program has the best security options around.

Proxy+ associates the program as a 'service' automatically for you so that you do not have to fool around with WINNT.

Each of these programs are free for an "internet share" of three computers, and then they all charge after that.

In conclusion, I would use Wingate or Proxy+ for the "internet sharing" within a LAN. However, if you do not have administrative rights to install files or change WINNT you would have to go along with a port tunneling program.

I hope this helps out every one, and feel free to correct me on any these points or add anything in.

Also, does any one know a good Proxy/LAN /Internet sharing service that is a Linix software?

CCProxy, Proxy+, and Wingate are all for windows only.

I need this software to run very similar to these programs so that:

-they accept multiple clients
-they accept clients from both windows and Unix
-It runs as a service program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom