help with allowing sites on netgear router

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza

In Runtime
hi guys, i have a netgear dg834 router with the latest firmware. I know how to block certain sites, but i want to be able to block all sites apart from a few. So really im looking for an option that says "block all sites apart from: www.inrfdihuuhergergr.com, www.1827364.com etc" Beleive it or not, i cant find this option, and im not even sure if it exists!

So my queston is: Is there an option in the netgear software to do this? Or is there some free software available for download that i can do this with?

thanks

hazza

I am not familiar with the capabilities of Netgear routers. Have you tried to upgrade the firmware on the router to the most recent version??

here is a screen shot from my D-Link WBR-2310 of the website filter.

Attachments

• website filtering.jpg
    website filtering.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 130
hi guys, i have a netgear dg834 router with the latest firmware. I know how to block certain sites, but i want to be able to block all sites apart from a few. So really im looking for an option that says "block all sites apart from: www.inrfdihuuhergergr.com, www.1827364.com etc" Beleive it or not, i cant find this option, and im not even sure if it exists!

So my queston is: Is there an option in the netgear software to do this? Or is there some free software available for download that i can do this with?

thanks

hazza

Usually if filtering is match from first to last or top to bottom, it would be easier to permit the two site then deny all. If you can't find it, it's likely that your simple home router does not have the feature. There are other method and that's possible with Squid proxy service. You can try ezProxy which I did a guide on, here's a link.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f57/url-content-filtering-ezproxy-127206/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom