Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxkid913

Solid State Member
Ok, all of the sudden some of my programs can't connect to the internet I noticed when I tried installing a PSP video converter that needed to download the program during installation and it couldn't connect. My internet is working fine and I can still browse via firefox or internet explorer. Then I tried liveupdate for norton, and got a network problem error, itunes can't connect either, but Ad-aware was able to update the definitions.

I did encrypt my wireless recently but after putting it back to unencrypted it didn't help and I dont have any other firewalls running.

Please help!

Sounds like your router might have a software firewall that is blocking traffic to specific ports. I would suggest verifying if your router is blocking any ports.

What EXACTLY are the errors that you are seeing when you try to connect??

I'll try reseting my router but here are 2 errors

Symantic Liveupdate -
error1.jpg

and itunes:

error2.jpg

actually, I just tried internet explorer and it can't surf the web, that should probably help narrow things down. I'm trying to install the new IE 7 to see if that makes it work

Try this
START > RUN > 'CMD' > 'IPCONFIG /ALL'

Just to make sure you are getting an IP address. post up the results that you get back... I really only need the:
IP ADDRESS
SUBNET MASK
DEFAULT GATEWAY

router settings are basically all default, (i reset it) and theese programs used to be able to access the internet

Well, your computer is getting an IP address, so that isn't the issue....

If you are using Windows XP, make sure that the windows firewall isn't on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom