help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech2540

Solid State Member
I need some help. I just graduated with my BBA and I am trying to take up networking on my won. The classes are too expensive and I need help. I have taken some self exam , but i dont know if i am doing well. can someone help me withthe following question, please i need expert help. i did some putdont know if i am right.

1.The Following is a dump of a UDP header in hexadecimel format.
06 32 00 0D 00 1C E2 17

a. What is the source port number?

b. What is the destination port number?

c.What is the total length of the user datagram?

d.what is the length of the data?

e. Is the packet directed from a client to a server or vice versa?

f.What is the client process?

2. if the value of HLEN in TCP header is 1010 in binary, how many bytes of option are included in segment? i got 20 is that correct

3. TCP opens a connection using an initial sequence number (ISN) of 12,338. The other party opens the connection with an ISN of 23,343. What are the three TCP segments during the connection establishment?

Hope this helps a little for you:

The requesting end (normally called the client) sends a SYN segment specifying the port number of the server that the client wants to connect to, and the client's initial sequence number (ISN, 1415531521 in this example). This is segment 1.

The server responds with its own SYN segment containing the server's initial sequence number (segment 2).

The server also acknowledges the client's SYN by ACKing the client's ISN plus one. A SYN consumes one sequence number.
The client must acknowledge this SYN from the server by ACKing the server's ISN plus one (segment 3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom