Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdbman66

Baseband Member
When attached to a network, I can go to any web site and work within it. But if I go to microsoft.com, the page loads but the status bar shows it is still loading. In task manager I show two instances on I.E. both are "NotResponding"
I have used several spyware programs and find nothing. I use Norton Corporate Edition for antivirus and nothing found. I use a Citrix Pix for a firewall. I have run Hijack This and find no problems. This does not seem to effect any other sites but Microsoft. I am running Win XP SP1 I do not want SP2. I have checked activeX controls and no problems found. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mdbman66

I think I will uninstall ie and re-install and see if the problem persists. Thanks for the advice

I know excatly what this is ... It's a damn Ie hijacker .. Infects IE browsers only , It mutates with every 5th spawn of the browser.

I thought it would be complicated if i put this in words only ... so i'm adding a few screenshots.

First get Process Explorer from sysinternals

just extract it from the zip file n' run it.

You should see a window similar to this
PxpKill.jpg

Now right click on any instance of iexplorer.exe & click on kill process

As the process is being killed you will notice that a new instance of iexplorer is spawned. As it is being spawned you will also notice that another executable is spawned along with it. Make a note of the name of that exe.

The name of the exe may differ from the one on the screenshot

PxpSpy.jpg

Now click on keep the spawned iexplorer highlighted & click on the View from the file menu. Then select DLLs from the lowerpane tab

Pxpdll.jpg

Now look for the exe which spawned as a child process under the iexplorer & double click on it

PxpLoc.jpg

You should be able to find the location of that file.

Make a note of it .. restart the system in safe mode (u could use the safe mode with command prompt option) Just go to that location n' delete the file.

This should solve the problem.

Thanks for the advice but this does not seem to be the problem. No new IE process spawns once I delete the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom