Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMiller660

Beta member
i installed windows Xp on my pic, which originally had ME. when i went to connect to the internet, it wouldnt connect, it would dial, then AOL would open up, but no pages would open. i tried to open IE, but still nothing. can anyone help me soon??? thanks

tommy

Give a little more information.. right now it could be a lot of things. Before you upgraded to XP did you run the tool that will tell you the incompatible devices/software? Could be your modem((you said dial up right?)) It could be a lot of things, but it should be no problem figuring this out if you give a little more information.

no, i just put the cd in a clicked upgrade. i know its not the modem, because it dials out. i think i figured it out, but i dont kow how to do it. i need to make a new connection for Compuserve (the provider i have, like AOL) it wants a domain name and user name, but i dont want to put that in, i dont need to because i dont need to do it now. im totally lost.....

Guys, did you not read the whole post? Seems that the issue isn't related to the Modem as he is dialing out and obviously connecting somewhere
~it wants a domain name and user name~
So it's more of a software thing then hardware...

TMiller660, you would be best to start with reinstalling he software that Compuserve sent you. Then contact them for additional support on the username and domain request.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom