Having problems : please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMB20

Beta member
It just started yesterday...

I was on my pc, on the net as usual, had to restart my pc, then when i came back i couldnt reach the net...

I checked the properties of the TCP/IP, and everything looked fine (atleast i thoguht)

I can send packets, but cannot recieve them: then when i try to use the repair tool, i get this message: The following operations failed : Renewing the IP address

I have a Wireless Lnksys router, but i dont think thats the problem because every other computer that is in my house is working (that would be 12)

LLike I said, I can send packets, but not receive them.

Please help this is driving me nuts!

Best Regards
Josh

What kind of linksys router to be exact? Running 12 PC's off of most cheap routers is asking for trouble as well.

I am guessing their's a problem with DCHP and that's why your not getting an IP adress, something that I would try is turning off all the PC's, than only turning on the broken PC

Is it DHCP or are all of the IP addresses static? I know in most cases it is DHCP but you never know...If it is DHCP it may be a problem with the lease settings of the DHCP server you are using...

try checking any firewall on the computer in question...
Its possible that come of the settings could have chnanged (i don't know why :( )

it could be possible that there are some issues with your firewall...

This is only an idea... so it might not be the solution

1. check and reasearch your firewall if you have one,it might be faulting on the recieving end
2- if your on a switch check all connections.

try checking your performance monitor, or your hardware networkmonitor, or just use a kill disk and reboot the whole system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom