having problem with the receiver to detect signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeymouse

Solid State Member
I am facing problem with my desktop with the internet access. My moderm is connected to the router and is using wireless system. Two pc is using the same system but only one is able to dectect the signal. The pc that is unable to detect is the p3 5ooMHZ and is using Win98 OS. I have install the software for the receiver and done some changes to the other computer like changing of channel however it is still unable to detect the signal. It is only ablt to detect signal that are from other people's computer like my next door house.

How am i going to solve this problem? :confused:

Are you sure that the signal can't be detected?

Sometimes (like with my network) the wireless SSID is hidden...
This way, you will not be able to connect to the router unless you type the matching details into each computer on the wireless system.

Just make sure of the usual...
Radio enabled, areials positioned correctly etc...

Another idea is, if there are any MAC address controls setup on your router, the router is denying acess to one of your computers

I don't know the exact solution to the problem...
Any furthur details would be useful ;)

The other pc is running on windows 2000 and it has been able to detect it's own signal.The program that helps to detect the signal always shows that the signal strength is 100% but still unable to go online. It is unable to detect the moderm being used. It has detect someone's else modem which i don't know where does the problem lies.

The receiver is only being used on channels 1 to 11. I have tried changing channels but still it is unable to detect signals. Is there some settings i nd to change for the moderm in order for it to work or is it that the pc running on win98 os nd to do some setting? Is there a way that i can force the receiver to detect the correct signal?

Then I tnink is would be to do with the settings of the router and the computers trying to connect.

Try going onto your wireless utility application... delete all other wireless setups and start fresh...
Check the details against the routers setup (to view this, you might have to connect a computer via cables).

And make sure you are usoing the same channel accross the entire wireless network.

I think that, as one of the computers is reading 100%, it might be detecting its own ad-hoc wireless network...
As for the internet connection... make sure that the wireless function is enabled on the router because, apart from the setup of the computers... I can think of nothing else

Thanks for ur help. I am nt so sure how the signal is going to be detected. As what i was told that when using Win98 OS u are nt able to force the signal in. U are only able to do so by configure it step by step.

Only when using Win Xp then it will be auto configuration as well as able to detect the signal faster and stable.

I would like to know if anyone know the setting for Win98? I am still unable to detect after trying out number of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom