Having an issue with my internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

whisperofnight

Beta member
I've tried researching this issue online and I can find answers only for specific webpages. The problem I am encountering is everytime i try to go to a webpage I get the error

Failed to Connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at "whatever webpage I'm trying to view"

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

Now once I get the error I can usually refresh the page and it pops right up. We have 2 desktops and 2 laptops in our house. All of them are using firefox with the latest update. The two desktops are not having any problems but both laptops have been doing this for the last 3-4 days. I'm not sure what is causing the issue but it just started one day. The laptops have not been moved and nothing has been changed as far as firewalls, router, etc. The problem literally appeared out of nowhere. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Im Curious, does the same thing happen with IE or even Opera?

It is possible that this certain web page simply doesn't play nice with firefox, not all web sites are fully compatible with some broswers.

Since it is with both laptops my guess is that its a wireless connectivity issue.

Could try changing wireless standards, updating firmware/driver for wifi cards and router..

I guess I didn't word it right. It's not just this website or any specific website. It's everything I'm doing. It started out of the blue. Everything has been running fine I've changed nothing and a few days ago it just started. Yes the ones i'm having issues with are not wired to the router. The ones that are wired are fine it seems. Oh and yes it's also doing it with IE. I might need to update something it just seems weird it happened out of the blue (in the middle of the day none the less lol). I had been using it all morning with no problems then it just started and it hasn't stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom