Hardware purchasing advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

russb123

Beta member
First off here is what I currently have:

2 Xbox 360's(I have 2 TV's in the room for system link) & 1 PS3 Connected to a old wireless g D-Link DI-624, which is connected to a wall jack behind my entertainment center.

The wall jack leads to my utility room(which is on the other side of the wall from my entertainment center) which stores my Cable modem and a Belkin wireless N router. 2 other computers in the house are wired to this location.

I want to upgrade to gigabit routers since the house wiring supports it and my computers along with the PS3 also have gigabit built in.

I do not think I really need 2 wireless routers, so would 1 wired switch and 1 wireless router be alright? Any suggestions on make/model(s)?

The wireless access is only for a couple laptops and nintento wii's.

so if my math is correct, you would need 5 wired connections?
wired - 2 xbox, 1 ps3, 2 pc's
wireless - wii, 2 laptops

i'm a D-Link guy so i would suggest

DIR-655 Router - Gigabit ports, wireless N capable
D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router

DGS 1005D 5 Port Switch
D-Link DGS-1005D 5-Port 10/100/1000 Desktop Switch

i run the DIR-625 (non gigabit model) and simply...just runs. never slows down and amazing range for wireless. a lot of features can be changed "on the go" and don't require a router restart.

i run the DGS1005D's at work in various places where i don't need a lot of connections and once again, they just run. unmanaged so plug and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom