Half-Open TCP Connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Hello

I am having some problems with my internet connection...
I have just recently changed the limit to the amount of Half-Open TCP connections from 10 to 50.. i noticed that when ever i downloaded torrents that it would take alot of uploading to use all 50

Sooo.. i put it back to 10

Now it seems that my downloading rates are much slower than it was b4 i changed anything :(

About at the same time i was installing a wireless router, so my neighbor can get internet access (hes paying me like $30 a week ;))

So im not sure which of the things i changed could have effected or made my torrents/limewire slower... cause when i browse the internet or play games, it seems to be perfectly fine

I have done a bandwidth check and that seems to be normal (300dwn/30up)

What should i do?

Thanks,
Alexsabree :cool:

That's just torrent..sometime it's fast and sometime it's really slow..depends on who you're downloading from. There's a lot of ways for speeding up torrent..not just the TCP hack (I've found that to not work at all)..

http://torrentfreak.com/speed-up-your-torrents/

If your other applications work fine...than it's not your computer, more like torrent's fault or the remote location you are downloading from, firewall, router...

yeah.. i did everything that it said on that site, but i think i know the problem

I have been looking for the most peers instead of seeds :D

Hopefully looking for the most seeders will boost my speed tremendously, i usually get around 100mbps when i have a good torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom